Out of all my meal plan recipes, my clients love this one the most. Not going to lie….so do I.
The simplicity, the health benefits, the taste…..I don’t need to convince you, I you were into it as soon as you saw the name. Everyone loves a good cesar salad unfortunately, the classic cesar has just about the same amount of calories as that greasy burger it so gracefully compliments from the side. Bummer.
Not this though! We gave the classic caesar salad a major healthy face lift. Swapping the classic glutenous deep fried croutons with healthy, yet still crunchy cheesy baked cauliflower and chickpeas. Replacing the lesser nutrient dense Romanian base with its superfood cousins kale and parsley. And chucking the trans fat filled dressing with a satiating good fat filled dressing and side of avocado. We didn’t stop there, adding a little extra crunch from our super food friend hemp seeds.
Why I love this recipe:
-Easy to batch cook this baby for healthy lunches & dinners all week long.
– Eat it fresh from the fridge on the go, or heat the croutons and cauliflower in the oven before tossing with the salad and dressing when enjoying at home.
-Great healthy option to bring to your next BBQ! Just make sure you prep enough to share…because well, if you can eat recipes like this and look that good….your friends are going to want it.
-Because of the balanced macro nutrients, it is one of the more satiating salads in the Body Confidence Nutrition Plan.
Super Food Caesar Salad
- 1 head cauliflower
- 14 oz canned chickpeas or 1 cup dried soaked overnight then boiled until skin peels off
- 1 head kale or 4 cups
- 1 head parsley or 2 cups
- 2 tbsp olive/avocado/coconut oil
- 2 avocados
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- crack of pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 400
- Chop cauliflower into florets and toss in 1 tbsp of oil
- Rinse chickpeas well and toss in 1 tbsp of oil
- Place cauliflower and chickpeas on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy
- Wash and chop kale and parsley before placing into a large bowl
- Place all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend well for 30-40 seconds
- Once cauliflower and chickpeas are crispy and cooked, place on kale and parsley. Toss with dressing when ready to enjoy and top with hemp seeds and avocado.