What to do with leftover quinoa?!
Quinoa is a fantastic food to support easy, healthy, grab and go meals. I’ll often cook a large batch at the beginning of the week adding it to salads, soups and stir fry. Because of it’s bland taste, it goes great with just about anything!
With tons of nutrients and benefits to boot, if one food group I heavily keep in my rotation, even for breakfast!
Shocker, I know!
Most wouldn’t ever to think to add quinoa to their breakfast bowls but why not?
Allow me to go deeper on this thought….
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT:
- Creamy & delicious
- Hearty. Good buy mid morning snacking!
- This recipe is made with mixed berries but feel free to switch it up! This recipe also goes great with apple and cinnamon, banana and walnuts, or mango and unsweetened vanilla nut milk.
- Great for meal prepping easy, grab and go breakfasts
A NUTRITIONIST’S CHOICE:
-Helps deter binging habits. Because this recipe is high in protein, fibre, and healthy fats, it gives your body a balance dose of nutrients. When our body is given the correct nutrients, you won’t feel the need to seek out more. If you’re like me and workout in this morning, this is a great option to refuel in a way that will keep you full for hours
-Quinoa provides an amino acid, Lysine (what makes up protein) that most plant sources don’t contain. It also contains all 9 essential amino acids. Essential meaning the body cannot produce on its own, making quinoa a great source of protein for those on a plant-based diet!
PB & J Overnight Quinoa Oats
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Allow to sit overnight to allow chia seeds to gelatinize or eat right away.