Easy Eats- Asian Zoodle Quinoa Bowl
This weeks easy, peasy meal prep recipe is bringing you some Asian flare!
Who knew beets could be spiralized and make a dish look so pretty? This dish packs a perfect combination of crunch from pumpkin seeds and baked cabbage, raw spiralized carrot and beet. Paired with satiating, nutrient packed quinoa to keep you full, focused and fuelling your hard working body. Topped up with a zesty ginger lime dressing.
Why I love this recipe:
-Quinoa is high in fibre and protein and contains all amino acids. Perfect for active days when you’re asking a lot from your body.
-Refuelling or fuelling with this dish before a workout allows you to continue powering through your day without feeling depleted. It also supports feeding the muscles which in turn supports boosting your metabolism.
-You can keep it interesting by eating cold as a salad or throw it all into a wok for a delicious stir fry.
-Ginger is a great immune booster and aids in digestion along with apple cider vinegar.
Tip: Soak your quinoa over night in room temperature water with a squeeze of fresh lemon or tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to help the nutrients in the gluten free grain become more bioavailable and easier to digest. Also cuts the cooking time in half! Give a quick rinse when ready to cook.
Asian Zoodle Quinoa Bowl
- spiralizer vegetable slicer
- 2 large beets
- 4 carrots
- 1 cup dry quinoa preferably soaked overnight
- 1 small cabbage
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 limes juiced
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar raw & unfiltered
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos I use Bragg's
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp honey (or Stevia to taste)
- Pre heat the oven to 375
- Rinse quinoa if soaking. Cook according to package.
- Chop cabbage and toss in olive oil. Spread on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until slight crispy.
- Spiralize the beets and carrots.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients together.
- When quinoa and cabbage is cooked and cooled, divide amongst containers along with beets & carrots. Top with pumpkin seeds. Dress when ready to enjoy.