Baked, mashed, boiled, fried…breaky, lunch, dinner….I love me some sweet potatoes.
For an avid yam and sweet potato fan, I’m embarrassed to tell you I hadn’t tried making sweet potato toast until now. But I am so glad I did and once you see how easy it is, you will too!
This post isn’t just bringing you one way to enjoy yam toast either. I’ve got 4 easy and delicious ways you can switch up your breaky and/or lunch!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE:
- Hosting brunch? Wow your gal-pals with a sweet potato toast flight
- A beautiful balance of protein, healthy fats, fiber and carbs to keep your clean eating game strong
- Only takes 20 minutes to make all 4 different toasts
- Make a batch for an even easier breakfast or lunch. Pop the sweet potato toasts into the toaster for a quick reheat before adding your toppings
A NUTRITIONIST’S CHOICE:
- Sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants which help fight free radicals and inflammation.
- Rich in beta carotene which is converted into vitamin A. Vitamin A is critical for healthy vision.
- They are filled with both soluble and insoluble fiber which helps bulk and soften your stool allowing you to have frequent and healthy bowel movements.
- Some varieties of sweet potatoes have shown to promote and feed healthy gut bacteria. Healthy gut bacteria supports our immune system and can ward off IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and diarrhea caused by infections.
- Vitamin A is also a big player in keeping our immune system healthy. Paired with a healthy gut, and this is one recipe you’ll love to keep in your healthy eating rotation.
How to make the Sweet Potato Toast
Sweet Potato Toast
- 1 sweet potato or yam medium size
- cooking spray I use avocado, olive or coconut oil spray. Tossing sweet potatoes in any of these oils also works
- desired toppings
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Thinly slice sweet potato to about 1/4" thickness
- Place sweet potato slices on a pre lined baking sheet
- Bake sweet potatos for 10 minutes. Flip over and baking for an additional 5
- Once cooled, add desired toppings and enjoy! Preheat leftover toast in the oven or toaster.
Pick your favorite or make them all!
Oil-Free Vegan Pepita Pesto Toast
In a blender add:
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt rock, sea or Himalayan
- 1/4 cup water
Blend for 60 seconds before adding on top of your toast.
Click here to see more ways you can use Oil Free Vegan Pepita Pesto
Nut Butter Banana
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1/3 banana slices
Sweet P Avocado Toast
- In a bowl mash and mix:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper to taste
top with sprouts
In a bowl mix together:
- 1/4 cup tomato
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil diced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- option to add vegan feta
Watch below on how to make 2 minute vega feta!