Some days we want to be complimented and for you to notice our new hair cut, somedays we want to pretend like we’re invisible and sport a ball cap.
Some mornings we wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed green smoothie in hand and others we sip our coffee in one hand using the other to block any face that comes too close wanting to make small talk.
What can I say, we’re women. Our mood and preferences change day on a day to day bases. LADIES, I’m with ya, and this recipe I created just for you. My fellow, ‘my day, mood, and taste buds differ with no premeditated routine, method or advanced notice.’
By making this one easy recipe, you will be able to thoroughly enjoy it 3 totally different ways throughout your week. In no particular order.
Fresh dill, celery, a bit of onion and smashed chickpeas are the centre of these 3 featured dishes. This means prepping a big batch of this tuna-like salad mixture (sans the fish of course!), and being able to match it to your mood that day!
Feeling healthy and motivated:
Feeling fancy and fine:
That time of the month, hung over or worked out and feeling like Arnold:
You’ll be happy to know, despite your mood or choice, each one of these recipes is just as healthy as the next.
If you can, rinse and soak the chickpeas with a splash of lemon juice over night. This will help decrease the process of fermentation between alpha-galactocides and the gut bacteria. AKA you wont be as bloated or fart as much.
Smashed Chickpea Mix
- 1 can chickpeas 796 mL / 28oz (preferably soaked overnight)
- 1 cup celery finely shopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill diced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp rock, sea or Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Rinse and add chickpeas once boiling
- In the meantime, chop and prepare all vegetables and spices
- Once chickpeas are boiled, try to separate and disregard as many of the skins as possible.
- With a muddler or potato masher, mash chickpeas until smoother consistency.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Mix together.
- Enjoy in a wrap, in a salad or on bread! Store in fridge.
Chickpea Chopped Salad
- baked yams
- on a bed of spinach and parsley
- top with your favorite dressing
Smashed Chickpea Wraps
For wraps use either:
- Collard greens
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sprouted grain wraps
- Gluten free wraps
-serve with avocado
Vegan ‘Tuna’ Melt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place mixture on bread of choice
- Add a slice or two of ‘cheese’
- Bake for 5 mins