Sneaking greens into delicious recipes might be my new favorite thing. Especially when they can taste this good.
We’ve been trying to limit our trips to the grocery store as much as possible during this time (self isolation due to covid-19) which means we don’t always have fresh leafy greens on hand. Especially towards the end of the week.
Enter: Powdered greens.
I used to only use powdered greens when travelling (#1 on the packing list truly. It’s a god send!) but since discovering a greens powder that tasted this good…
game o v e r.
They are now officially a part of my morning routine which looks like:
- Lemon water
- Greens powder & water
I had never thought of incorporating them outside of my morning bevy but…..
One day after one too many lion’s mane lattes I got a little cheeky & decided to add them into a vanilla coconut zucchini cookie recipe I was developing.
The result= Bake more after too many lion’s mane lattes.
They are SO tasty!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THEM
-7 ingredients, 1 bowl
-oil & refined sugar free
-great for breakfast, snack or pre workout bite
-1 full serving of vegetables, + powerhouse greens powder =1 scoop equivalent to taking a multivitamin
-great for energy
-supports gut health
To learn more about the greens powder I use click here.
If looking to grab a bottle yourself, use code: CHARAMARIE for 15% off.
Vegan Vanilla Coconut Cookies
- 1 banana browning
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla non dairy milk
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup vanilla powdered greens
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut shreds + additional for topping
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl
- Add ground flax seed and non dairy milk. Mix well
- Add powdered greens and coconut. Mix well
- Add grated zucchini and oats and mix well one last time
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop the mixture out forming cookies about the size of you palm. Should create 9 cookies
- Add a sprinkle of additional coconut on top of the cookies
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy!