Depending on the day, sometimes a green smoothie will cut it for breakfast and sometimes, it’s gotta be something a little….heartier.
On the flip side, a big dense breakfast can often leave you feeling tired and much too full. So where do you settle? What will satisfy you yet leave you feeling energized and ready to take on the day?
One word my friends. Zoats.
No, it’s not a spelling mistake. Zoats are oats- but with a very special, healthy, nutritious and unsuspecting sneaky ingredient. Zucchini.
- Zucchini is the chameleon of vegetables. It carries little to no taste making it the perfect add on to baking, smoothies and in this case, breakfast.
- High water and fiber content, zucchinis are hydrating and great for digestion
- The vitamins and minerals found in zucchini are:
B6 (great for supporting the nervous system)
Riboflavin (helps breakdown fats, proteins,
Folate (very important for pregnant women as it is needed to make red and white blood cells in our bone marrow as well as converting carbohydrates into energy)
Vitamin C (essential for development, growth, and repair of our cells tissues. Also supports
Vitamin K (supports bone health and healing of wounds)
Potassium (helps reduce blood pressure, keeps our body’s fluids in balance and supports the contraction and signals from our muscles and nerves)
Manganese (essential for our brain and nervous system functions along with antioxidant properties)
Zucchini is low in calories but high in fiber, paired with oats, which are also fibrous and contain protein, this recipe is a perfect way to start your day.
I add Genuine Health’s Vanilla Fermented Vegan protein for an extra boost of protein (and for taste- let’s be honest!) If you’re like me and workout in the morning, a breakfast high in protein is muy
Use code: CHARAMARIE at check out for a discount on all Genuine Health products including the protein!
Peaches and Cream Zoats
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 4 tbsp vegan vanilla protein powder OR 2 tbsp vanilla I use Genuine Health vegan fermented vanilla protein powder
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla nut mylk unsweetened
- 1 peach chopped
- Grate zucchini, chop peach and prepare ingredients
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Heat in pot if enjoying warm or store in container in the fridge overnight for chilled overnight oats