Citrus, smooth, slightly naturally sweet with 2 servings of greens and a hint of nostalgia (taste like an Orange Julius!).
Since discovering this tasty combo, it has become a staple in my smoothie bowl rotation.
But it’s not just the taste of this smoothie that will get cha’ it’s the smooth texture and it’s not what you think!
If you look at most smoothie bowl recipes, the base is laden with tons of fruit. Don’t get me wrong, fruit is very healthy but eating a smoothie bowl made where the base is made with 800 bananas is pushing it.
Just kidding-they’re not actually made with 800 bananas but it’s more fruit then one would normally eat in one sitting which is not great for blood sugar levels.
Enter my secret smoothie smooth ingredient.
A NUTRITIONIST’S CHOICE
-They are low a low calorie, low carb fruit (yes, they are botanically a fruit!) but packed a wide range of nutrients. 1 cup of zucchini contains 40% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A.
-Zucchinis also packed specific antioxidants that support eye, skin and heart health.
-Many foods contain either 1 of the 2 types of fiber, soluble or insoluble. Zucchini contains both. The supports healthy digestion, gut flora and the prevention of diseases.
Because zucchinis contain a lot of water, they freeze quickly and when blended create a smooth like texture with no over powering flavour.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- High in protein and fiber keeping your full and satisfied for hours
- Orange and lemon offer a beautifully citrus flavour while the banana and vanilla protein add a pinch of sweet
- Place all dry ingredients into a ziplock bag to empty into the blender for a 30 second breakfast!
- 2 servings of greens to start you day off on the healthiest foot!
- Add different smoothie bowl toppings to mix it up!
Many protein powders cause bloating or taste chalky. I’ve tried just about every one on the market and I always come back to Genuine Health’s Vegan Fermented protein. No bloating, taste amazing and supports gut health. Checks off all my boxes!
If you want to give it a try, use code CHARAMARIE for a discount. Click here to check it out.
Greemsicle Smoothie Bowl
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 orange peeled
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla mylk
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder I use Genuine Health
- 1 cup frozen zucchini rounds
- Add all ingredients to a blender
- Blend well for 40-60 seconds
- Pour into bowl and add favorite smoothie bowl toppings