You know when you chomp into something and you just know it’s going to be a staple in your recipe rotations? Black bean noodles were exactly that for me. It was love and first bite.
Black bean noodles are exactly what they sound like. Noodles made from black beans. And with a whopping 25g of protein and only 19g of carbs per 1/4 package, it’s a food you’re gonna want to get familiar with. Especially you, my plant based pals.
Getting an adequate amount of protein without going crazy on the carbs is hard to come by (and has never tasted so good!). Personally, I could eat these noodles alone but for today’s Easy Eats, it is accompanied by a homemade peanut dressing and some nutrient dense veggies.
Why I love this recipe:
-Cilantro contains antioxidants, has anti inflammatory properties, supports the body in detoxing heavy metals, helps balance blood sugar and more! (If you’re not a cilantro fan, you can switch this out for kale or spinach)
-Radicchio-Cabbage’s smaller more nutrient buff cousin. Not only does it bring a bright beautiful colour to your dish, radicchio is rich in Vitamin K. Vitamin K helps prevent osteoporosis and supports your body in absorbing calcium=strong, healthy bones. It is also rich in antioxidants, good for heart health and has anti parasite properties (great for when you’ve returned from travelling).
-High in protein, adequate amount of carbs and fats, this my friends, is a perfectly balanced meal and one you can feel REAL good about enjoying.
Black Bean Peanut Noodle Bowl
Makes 4 servings
- 1 package Black Bean Noodles (I love Explore Cuisine)
- 1 radicchio
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, doesn’t matter)
- 1 lime peeled
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (more if you like it spicy)
- 1’’ fresh piece of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup non dairy unsweetened nut mylk
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Chop broccoli into florets and toss in 1 tbsp coconut oil. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly starting to brown.
- Boil 1 large pot of water. Cook noodles according to package
- Chop cilantro and radicchio.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a blender. Blend for 40 seconds.
- Once noodles and broccoli are cooked and cooled, assemble bowls topping with dressing and hemp seeds.